City Today - June 2010
Welcome to the June 2010 edition of The City Today - bringing you all the latest from Education City!
2010-2011 Price Announcement
Beginning June 1, EducationCity.com subscription prices have increased. Core modules for PreK, K-2 and 3-5 are now $375 and the 6th grade module is $120. The price increase reflects the many new additions and upgrades that have gone live in the past year. Many of our complimentary services such as free training and the uploading of class lists remain available at no extra charge.
We will be honoring our 2009-2010 prices through the end of June. This offer is good for both new subscriptions and current subscribers extending subscriptions. Call us today at 800-995-5410 if you'd like to take advantage of this offer. There's not much time left!
INDUSTRY HOT TOPIC
Making Technology Work for You: RtI
We don't have to tell you that RtI (Response to Intervention) is the new buzz word. At industry trade shows and in education publication the acronym is plastered everywhere. While many schools already have a comprehensive RtI program in place...many more are in the process of putting the pieces together. Teachers will tell you that the idea behind RtI is not new. Educators have long been differentiating learning according to individual student abilities. And of course, providing some extra help when needed (the intervention) has always been par for the course.
If your school already has a RtI program in place, ask yourself this questions: Are you using the technology resources you already have as part of your interventions? On the other hand, if your school is just starting to develop a RtI plan, let us show you how using the Education City tools you know and love can help you make sense of it all.
- Taught in the general education classroom
- Implement for 6-10 weeks
- Progress monitored through the collection and tracking of data
- Use differentiated instruction
- Both preventative and proactive
- Individual or small group instruction
- Students move in and out of Tier 2 as needed
- Supplemental instruction in identified weak areas for 30-90 minutes, 2+ times/week for 6-10 weeks
- Individualized within a very small group or one-on-one time with a specialist
- High intensity instruction 30-180 minutes, 3+ times/week for 6-10 weeks or more
See you in August!
We will not be sending out a July 2010 City Today. Our next issue will be in August. The August issue will catch you up on everything we have been working on during the summer months. Enjoy your summer!
- OUR PRODUCTS
- District Information
- Teacher Testimonials
- What Subscriptions Include